- Dual Cone Calorimeter (ISO: 5660 & ASTM E 1354)
- Fully computerized 1000 kN UTM and 3000 kN UTM
- Corrosion Analyzer “Field Machine”
- Computer controlled Laser Particle size Analyzer
- Computer controlled Triaxial and Consolidation testing system
- Foundation Pile Diagnostic system
- Geotechnical Instrumentation for performance evaluation
- Optical Microscope for petrographic studies of rocks & building materials
- Resistivity Imaging System
- Uniaxial Shake Table
- Atomic absorption spectrophotometer
- Infra-red spectrophotometer
- UV and visible spectrophotometer
- Ion selective analyzer
- Stack monitor
- Particle size analyzer
- Portable CO2/CO/H2S/ Hydrocarbon analyzer
- Cement testing laboratory
- Lime-pozzolana laboratory
- Thermal analysis laboratory
- X-ray diffraction equipment
- X-ray Florence equipment
- Nano particle synthesizer
- Inductive coupled plasma spectrophotometer
- Energy dispersive X-ray photometer
- Differential thermal analyzer
- Thermo-mechanical analyzer
- Xenon Arc Weatherometer
- Ozone Chamber
- Heavy Testing Laboratory
- Burning Behaviour of Materials for ‘Reaction to Fire Studies’
- Toxicity apparatus
- Fire Detection, Extinguishment & Sprinklers Lab.
- Spherical vessel for explosion
- Wall furnace for fire resistance studies
- Floor furnace for fire resistance studies
- Low speed wind tunnel for ventilation and wind pressure distribution in buildings
- Standing wave apparatus for sound absorption coefficient at normal incidence
- Reverberation chamber for sound transmission loss and sound absorption coefficient at random incidence
- Dome type artificial sky for daylighting studies
- Ultrasonic and acoustic emission setup for non-destructive testing of building components
- Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope (FESEM)
- Low speed wind tunnel for ventilation studies.
The institute has sprawling 65 acres residential campus adjoining to the academic campus. A large number of amenities such as hostels for both boys and girls, dispensary, guest house, community centre, play grounds, common mess for the hostel residents, a shopping centre, bank with ATM facility, post office apart from the residential apartments exists in the campus. The residential campus is sandwiched between IIT Roorkee campus and the Bengal Engineering Group army base.
The campus has a dispensary equipped with residential Doctor, Pathologist and other dispensary staff. The dispensary caters the need of the residents. Only on emergency patients are transferred to nearby medical college or nursing home with a standby ambulance.
Separate hostel accommodation for male and female students is available. The students are required to abide by the Hostel/Mess Rules in force. Messing facility is common for both girls and boys. The mess is equipped with air conditioned dinning hall, water cooler, large LCD wall TV with Dish connectivity etc. Hostels are equipped with internet facilities.
The Staff Club and Ladies Club of CBRI organise various activities related to sports and games, Deepavali Fete, Illumination competition etc. These are also, in coordination with CSIR Sports Promotion Board, organizing various sports events for men and women for indoor and outdoor games.