The objective of the proposed study aims to carry out a comprehensive study involving geological, geotechnical and geophysical investigations, and mathematical modeling of an active landslide of Chamoli-Joshimath region of Garhwal Himalaya to arrive at design and implementation of suitable control measures.
Scope of the work:
- Selection of an active landslides, topographical and geological mapping
- Geophysical & geotechnical investigation
- Landslide model, Slope stability analysis and failure mechanism
- Design & development of best suitable control measures
- Planning & execution – Implementation of suitable measures at different stages