To design and develop an Air- Conditioner energized by solar energy for residential buildings.
Scope of the Work:
- Environmental chamber design & characterization of various adsorbent materials in the environmental chamber.
- Solar Radiation data and incident energy levels
- Observation of annual cooling load variations for different building configurations. (Building energy simulation).
- Design of Adsorbent cooling system
- Modification in cooling system configurations to enhance heat & mass transfer.
- Vacuum sealing & coating (material testing)
- PLC design and Electronic control system for valve operations & Optimization of the system.
- Solar thermal collectors design
- Development of testing facility for optimization of solar thermal collectors.
- Advance reflector material design (Polymer film coatings, metal mirrors).
- Study the Possibility to implement Fresnel lens to absorb & concentrate solar radiation.
- Electronic control for sun tracking system
- Efficient Design solar thermal collector system & optimization
- System assembling, Optimization of the system to enhance solar energy absorption and heat transfer
- Scaling down the system for domestic buildings & prototype
- Guidelines for various climatic conditions of India
- Paper publications & patent filing to be explored