The Research Planning and Business Development (RPBD) Group of CBRI was established in year 1999 on the behest of CSIR with an aim to provide services to enhance financial resources of the institute by coordinating business activities. The division provides a bridge between the institute and the outside agencies by supporting in existing areas of proven technologies and attracting new companies towards the technological development. RPBD identifies and analyzes new areas of business in a planned and systematic manner for commercialization of technologies to public sector and private entrepreneurs. The institute lays considerable emphasis on the quality of its services to the stakeholders, mainly on deliverables against the externally funded projects. This activity is a measure to determine to what level the service or product meets the customer expectations, considering requirements in terms of both quality and service.
The activities of RPBD division are primarily focused in following areas:
- Intellectual Property Management
The IPR system encourages creativity to maintain the technological superiority to sustain and enhance the economic benefits. The intellectual property includes patents, copy rights and design. The activities involve:
- Motivating researchers for strong IP culture.
- Drafting patent specifications.
- Liaison with IPMD, CSIR for updating records.
- Development and maintenance of knowledgebase of patents filedTechnology Transfer
The activities regarding transfer of technologies developed at CBRI involve:
- Preparation of technology profiles for a view at glance.
- Liaison with NRDC, PPD, CSIR.
- Negotiations, exchanges and feedbacks from entrepreneurs showing interest in CBRI technologies.
- Drafting and finalizing license agreement.
- Establishing license fee of processes.
- Royalty collection.
- Development of database of potential technologies for commercialization.
- Customer Satisfaction Evaluation
The activities involve:
- Preparation of questionnaire to get the customer feedback on the quality of service provided.
- Liaison with the customer to get their valuable feedback.
- Providing necessary feedback to scientists in laboratory to improve the processes, wherever required.
- Interaction with Customer Satisfaction Evaluation Unit (CSEU), CSIR for Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) determination
For further details contact:
Sh. Y. Pandey
Research Planning & Business Development Group
Phone : +91-1332-283529, 283214
Fax : +91-1332-272272
Email : yaa_paa @ rediffmail.com
Website : www.cbri.res.in