Countries visited in connection with higher studies, research training, employment and other scientific assignments:
|Date of Birth||29.07.1967|
|Present Designation||Principal Scientist|
|Degree / Diploma||Main Subject||University/Institution with Distinction||Country||Year of Passing|
|B.E.||Civil Engineering||Nagpur University, Nagpur||India||1994|
|M.E.||Civil Engineering||Nagpur University, Nagpur||India||1996|
|M.B.A.||Marketing & Financial Management||Nagpur University, Nagpur||India||1999|
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering - Structures||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||India||2015|
|a) Main Area of Specialization||Structural Engineering|
|b) Sub-area of Specialization||Earthquake Resistant Design,Construction, Repair & Retrofitting;|
|Taiwan||To attend training on ‘Seismic Design of Building Structures’ during Jan. 21-25, 2002, organized by ‘National Center for Research on Earthquake Engineering’, Taipei (Taiwan)||19.1.2002||27.1.2002|
|Portugal||9th International Masonary Conference||04.07.2014||12.07.2014|
|Nepal||Advice to Government of Nepal||09.05.2015||14.05.2015|
|Nepal||To explore possibility for reconstruction of schools||21.11.2016||25.11.2016|
|Canada||Structural Health Monitoring of Tall Buildings||22.02.2017||05.03.2017|
|Myanmar||Selection and design of temporary and permanent housing for displaced people in Rakhine State||04.02.2018||09.02.2018|
- Chourasia, Ajay (2017), “Design Guidelines for Confined Masonry Buildings’’ CSIR-Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee.
- Parida, M., Chourasia, Ajay, Singh, S.K., (2012)”, Edited volume on “Role of Infrastructure for sustainable development”, The Institution of Engineering, Roorkee.
- Chourasia, Ajay, Singh, S.K., Bhattachryya, S.K. (2010), A Book on “Earthquake Resistant Design & Construction Practices”, CBRI, Roorkee, April 2010.
- Chourasia, Ajay, Singh, S.K. (2008), A Book on “Seismic Resistant Design & Rehabilitation of Structures”, The Institution of Engineering (I), Roorkee.
- Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay, Agarwal, Pankaj (2004), A Book on “Earthquake Resistant Design & Construction”, CBRI, Roorkee.
- Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay, Agarwal, Pankaj (2004), A Book on “Earthquake Resistant Design & Construction”, CBRI, Roorkee.
Chapter in Books
- Agrawal, ShaileshKr., Chourasia Ajay, (2007) ‘Assessment of seismic vulnerability of existing building stocks, Chapter in Book on ‘Disaster Management in India’, New Royal Book Co., Lucknow, ISBN:81-89267-57-4, pp 284-297, 2007.
- Chourasia Ajay, Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., (2007) ‘Seismic vulnerability analysis in Delhi, Chapter in Book on ‘Disaster Management in India’, New Royal Book Co., Lucknow, ISBN: 81-89267-57-4, pp 298-315, 2007.
- Agrawal Shailesh, Chourasia Ajay, Parashar Jalaj. (2007) ‘Seismic Vulnerability of Buildings in Jabalpur Urban Area’ (Chapter –8), Special Publication on ‘Seismic Hazard & Risk Microzonation of Jabalpur Urban Area’, Vol. I, Geological Survey of India, Nagpur.
- Agrawal Shailesh, Chourasia Ajay, (2003) ‘Application of GIS in Assessment of Building Damage Vulnerability Due to Earthquake in Jabalpur Urban Area’, Special Publication of DST (Seismology Division) on ‘Application of GIS IN Earthquake & Landslide Hazard Assessment’, Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi, July 2003.
Papers in International Journals
- Kumar Ashok, Chourasia Ajay, Lala Sayantani, Kumar Aditya and Vijayraj (2017) Prefabricated Foundation System for Single Storey Houses: International Council for Research and Innovation in Building Construction, cibw 117.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, Bhargava Pradeep, Bhandari NM. (2016) Seismic Performance of Different Masonry Buildings: A Full-scale Experimental Study’, J. of Performance of Constructed Facilities, American Society of Civil Engg, ISSN 0887-3828, DOI 10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000850.
- Patel S.S., Chourasia Ajay, Panigrahi S.K., Parashar J, et al. (2016) Damage Identification of RC Structures using Wavelet Transformation, Procedia Engineering, 144 (2016), pp 336-342.
- Chourasia Ajay, Panigrahi, S.K., Patel, S., Bhattacharyya SK, Parashar, J. (2015) Damage Identification of Reinforced Concrete Beams using Modal Curvature Approach, J. Of Smart Structure & System
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, Bhandari, N.M., Bhargava, Pradeep. (2015) Seismic Damage Limitation and Behaviour Factor for Masonry Structures, J. of Earthquakes & Structure, (Under review).
- Tarannum Y., Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, Parashar, J. (2015) Fragility Analysis for Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of Buildings: A Review, J. of Earthquakes & Structure, Int. Res. Journal Of Engineering & Technology, Vol. 2(6), Sep. 2015, 3-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, pp 502-508.
- Verma R., Chourasia, Ajay. (2015) Protection of Bio-deteriorated reinforced concrete using concrete sealers, Int. J. of Material Chemistry & Physics, Vol. 1(1), 2015, pp 11-19.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya, SK, Bhargava, Pradeep, Bhandari, NM (2013). Influential aspects on seismic performance of confined masonry construction’, Natural Science, Vol.5, No. 8A1, pp 56-62. Doi: 10.4236/ns. 2013.58 A1007.
- Murty, C.V.R., Raghukanth, S.T.G., Menon, A., Chourasia, A., Bhushan, S., Roy, D., Pradeep Kumar, R., (2012). ‘The Mw 6.9 Sikkim-Nepal Border Earthquake of September 18, 2011’, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Special Earthquake Report – February 2012, Learning From Earthquakes Project, EERI, 14p.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, Bhargava Pradeep, Bhandari NM. Seismic Damage Limitation and Behaviour Factor for Masonry Structures’, Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration (Submitted).
Papers Published in National Journals
- Baran Timir, Banerji Srishti, Panigrahi S.K., Chourasia Ajay, Tirca Lucia (2017). Modal Identification and Damage Detection in Structures Using Non-linear and Non- stationary Vibration Response, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol.44,(3), Sep.2017.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya, S.K., Bhargava Pradeep, Parashar, J. (2015). Confined Masonry Construction: A Techno-economical Solution for Improved Seismic Behaviour, ISET J. of Earthquake Technology (Under review).
- Murty, C.V.R., Chourasia Ajay, Kumar Pradeep R., Karanth Anup, Kumar Hari. (2014). Lessons from 1 May 2013 Doda (India) Earthquake Reiterate Urgent Need to Mitigate Seismic Risk, Journal of Disaster Mitigation, Vol.7 (1,2).
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya, S.K. (2014). Confined Masonry Construction for India: Prospects & Solution for Improved Behaviour’, IBC Journal, Vol. 1, ISSN 2349-7467, Sept. 2015.
- Chourasia, Ajay, Bhattacharyya, S.K.. (2011), “Confined Masonry: A solution for seismic resistant construction”. BMTPC Newsletter, special issue. pp 30-37.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia Ajay, Parashar Jalaj (2007). Performance Evaluation of Seismic Resisting and Retrofitting Measures for Full-scale Brick Masonry Buildings under Earthquake Loads, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol.43(1), pp 56-62, April-May 2007.
- Chourasia Ajay, Agrawal, Shailesh Kr.(2007). Estimation of seismic vulnerability of building of Delhi Municipal Area, Journal of Disaster & Development, 1(2), pp 169-185, May 2007.
- Agrawal, ShaileshKr., Chourasia Ajay (2007) An approach towards health assessment of buildings through ambient vibration measurements, Journal of New Building Materials & Construction World, November 2007.
- Agrawal Shailesh, Chourasia, A., Parashar Jalaj (2000).Response of Flyash Ponds under Dynamic Loads, Indian Geotechnical Journal, July 2000.
Papers Published in International & National Seminars, Symposia and Conferences
- Chourasia Ajay (2018), Reinforced Concrete Prefab Technologies for Mass Housing Seismic Safety & Sustainability Issues, PEPSCON, Vijayawada, January 2018.
- Chourasia Ajay, Kajale P. Yogesh ,S. Shubham and P. Jalaj (2017). Promising Prefab Technology for Mass Housing in India Scenario, Conference on Infrastructure Sustainability in Hilly Regions CISHR NIT, Srinagar, Uttarakhand, December 2017.
- Chourasia Ajay, Shubham and P. Jalaj (2017). Seismic Performance of Prefab RC Shear Walls: A Review, Conference on Infrastructure Sustainability in Hilly Regions CISHR NIT, Srinagar, Uttarakhand, December 2017.
- Chourasia Ajay, Ankushand S. Shubham (2017). Confined Masonry Construction for Mass Housing, Conference on Infrastructure Sustainability in Hilly Regions CISHR NIT, Srinagar, Uttarakhand, December 2017.
- Chourasia Ajay, Shipaliand S. Shubham (2017). Investigation on Headed Bars as anchorage Device in Beam-Column Joint-A Literature Review, Conference on Infrastructure Sustainability in Hilly Regions CISHR NIT, Srinagar, Uttarakhand, December 2017.
- Baran Timir, Banarjee S., Panigrahi S.K., Chourasia Ajay and Bagchi A. (2016). A Novel Method for vibration-based Damage Detection in Structures using Marginal Hilbert Spectrum, 10th Structural Engineering Convention, CSIR-SERC, Chennai, 21-23 December 2016.
- Chourasia Ajay, Negi S.K. and Sing S.K. (2016) Rehabilitation of RCC Building Local-Global Consequence National workshop on advances in repair and rehabilitation of concrete structures, CSIR –CBRI, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, pp. 129-136, September 2016.
- Murty C.V.R, Chourasia Ajay, Kumar R Pradeep, Singh Yogendra and Menon Arun (2016). 2015 Twin Nepal Earthquakes: Concern Towards Earthquake Safety of Buildings, 6th Int. Conference in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and soil Dynamics, IIT Roorkee, August 2016.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, (2016). Brick Masonry Characterization under Uni-axial Compression, 16th Brick& Block Masonry Conference, Padova, Italy, and June 2016.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, (2016).Influence of Plaster Thickness on Shear Strength of Solid Clay Brick Masonry , 16th Brick& Block Masonry Conference, Padova, Italy, June 2016.
- Panigrahi, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay, Bhattacharyya, S.K. ‘Health Assessment of a Multi-storey Shear Structure using Modal Curvature Method and Genetic Algorithm’, (2015) Structural Health Monitoring and Inspection of Advanced Materials, Aerospace & Civil Infrastructure, IX-SPIE, San Diego, California, USA, March 2015.
- Chourasia, Ajay. ‘Innovations in Seismic Rehabilitation of Concrete Structures’ (2015) All India Workshop on Innovations in Concrete Technology, The Institution of Engineers, Dehradun, July 2015.
- Chourasia, Ajay. Settlement induced building damage: Challenges. (2015). Workshop on Innovative Designs for Ground Improvement Techniques for Challenging Hilly Regions, The Institution of Engineers (I), Roorkee, Feb. 28-Mar.1, 2015.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, Bhandari NM., Bhargava Pradeep.(2014).Design Strategy for Confined Masonry Buildings in India, 15th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, IIT Roorkee, Dec. 2014 .
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK.(2014).Seismic Performance Assessment of Undamaged and Retrofitted Masonry, Int. conf. on Earthquake Engineering & Disaster Management, New Delhi, Dec. 2014.
- Panigrahi, SK, Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya, S.K. (2014).Noise Influence on Condition Monitoring of Structures, 8th Uttarakhand State Science & Technology Congress, Dehradun, Dec. 26-28, 2014.
- Chourasia Ajay, Negi S.K. (2014). Rehabilitation of RCC Structures: Local-Global Consequences, Int. Conf. on Conservation of Modern Architecture and Restoration of Concrete Structures, Chandigarh, April 3-5, 2014.
- Chourasia Ajay, Bhattacharyya SK, Bhargava Pradeep, Bhandari NM. (2014).Seismic Performance of Full-scale Brick Masonry Buildings’ 9th International Masonry Conference (9IMC), University of Minho, Guimaraes, Portugal, July 2014.
- Bhattacharyya, SK, Chourasia Ajay, Experiences on 2011 Sikkim Post-Earthquake Damage Assessment: Strategies for risk reduction. (2012).ISET Golden Jubilee Symposium, Roorkee, October 20-21, 2012.
- Chourasia Ajay, Singh S.K., Parashar J, (2012). Health Assessment of buildings using vibration characteristics, Twenty eighth national convention of civil engineering, Role of Infrastructure for sustainable development, IEI, Roorkee, October 12-14, 2012.
- Chourasia Ajay, Singh S.K., Parashar J, (2012). Seismic rehabilitation of heritage structures: Problems and prospects, ISET Golden Jubilee Symposium, Roorkee, October 20-21, 2012.
- Chourasia Ajay, Parashar J, Singh S.K., Bhattacharyya SK, Non-Destructive tests for masonry structures, ISET Golden Jubilee Symposium, Roorkee, October 20-21, 2012.
- Chourasia Ajay, Kajale Y.P., Parashar J, (2012).Prefab building construction for sustainable development, National conference on trends and recent advances in civil engineering (TRACE-2012), Amity School of Engineering & Technology, New Delhi, September 27, 2012.
- Koushik Pandit, Chourasia Ajay, S.K. Bhattacharyya, (2012).Pillar design practices in coal mines, Twenty eighth national convention of civil engineering, Role of Infrastructure for sustainable development, IEI, Roorkee, October 12-14, 2012.
- Singh S.K., Chourasia Ajay, Dalbehera, MM, Bhattacharyya SK, (2012).Hybrid Fibre Reinforced Concrete – A Review, Twenty eighth national convention of civil engineering, Role of Infrastructure for sustainable development, IEI, Roorkee, October 12-14, 2012.
- Chourasia Ajay, Singh S.K., Bhattacharyya SK, (2012). Failure analysis of structures: Case studies, Twenty eighth national convention of civil engineering, Role of Infrastructure for sustainable development, IEI, Roorkee, October 12-14, 2012.
- Kajale, YP, Parashar J, Chourasia Ajay. Energy Efficient Building Technologies: An approach towards sustainable development, (2012). Conference on emerging trends on energy conservation in buildings (EECB-2012), CBRI, Roorkee, November 1-3, 2012.
- Suvir Singh, S.K. Singh, Chourasia, Ajay. (2011), “Fire in Business Buildings- A case study’”, Proc. Of National seminar on Fire Science & Technology Research and Initiatives, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee, Nov. 3-4, 2011, pp. 298-302.
- Agrawal Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, (2008). Health assessment of buildings through ambient vibration measurements, on Challenges & Application of Mathematical Modelling Techniques in Building Science & Technology, Feb. 7-8, 2008 CBRI, Roorkee pp 171 – 180.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, (2007).Seismic up gradation of RC buildings using non-linear static analysis, National seminar on ‘Recent trends in Geotechnical & Structural Engineering’, Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Dec. 22-23, 2007.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, (2005). Seismic vulnerability assessment of buildings in Delhi, National symposium on structural dynamics, random vibrations & earthquake engineering, IISc Bangalore, July 21-22, 2005.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, (2005). Seismic Risk Analysis of Buildings in Jabalpur, Sym. On Managing Safety: Challenges Ahead, The Institution of Engineers (I), New Delhi, Feb. 14-16, 2005.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, (2005). Experimental Investigation of Seismic Strengthening & Retrofitting Measures of RC Multi-storeyed Buildings, Intl. Conference on Advances in Concrete Composites and Structures, Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, Jan. 2005.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, Parashar, J. (2005). Seismic vulnerability analysis of buildings in Jabalpur urban area, Symposium on Seismic Hazard Analysis & Microzonation, IIT Roorkee, Sept. 23-24, 2005.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, (2004). Criteria for Vibration Measurements in Structures, Asia-Pacific Conf. on System Integrity & Maintenance, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, December 2004.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia, Ajay, (2004). Vibration Monitoring of Residential Buildings around Compressor Stations, Asia-Pacific Conf. on System Integrity & Maintenance, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, December 2004.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia Ajay, (2004). Seismic Vulnerability Analysis of Buildings in Jabalpur Urban Area, Third International Symposium on New Technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in Asia, Oct. 18-19, 2004, organised by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur at Agra, pp 5-18.
- Mathur, V.K., Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay (2004), “Microzonation Studies as Impacted by Recent Earthquakes in India”, World Congress on Natural Disaster Mitigation, The Institution of Engineers (I), New Delhi, Feb. 19-22, 2004.
- Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay (2004), “Estimation of Seismic Vulnerability of Buildings in Delhi”, World Congress on Natural Disaster Mitigation, The Institution of Engineers (I), New Delhi, Feb. 19-22, 2004.
- Mathur, V.K., Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay (2003), “Demand-Capacity Approach for Seismic Rehabilitation of RC Residential Buildings”, 9thInternational Conference on Civil & Structural Engineering Computing (CIVIL-COMP 2003), Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.
- Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay (2003), “Seismic Rehabilitation of RCC Structures – How Far From Reality?”, Third Sequinquennial International Symposium on Innovative World of Concrete, Indian Concrete Institute, Pune, Sept. 19-21, 2003.
- Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia, Ajay (2003), “Non-Linear Static Analysis for Seismic Evaluation & Retrofit of RC Buildings”, Workshop on Retrofitting of Structures, Indian Society of Earthquake Technology, Roorkee, Oct. 10-11, 2003.
- Shailesh Kr Agrawal, Ajay Chourasia (2003). “Pragmatic Approach for Seismic Risk Reduction of Megacities in India”, Indian Habitat & Infrastructure: Need for Innovative Approach, CBRI, Roorkee, Sept. 25-26, 2003.
- Agrawal Shailesh Kr., Chourasia Ajay, Parashar Jalaj, (2002). ‘Seismic Evaluation & Retrofitting of Existing Building – A Case Study’, 12th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, 16-18th Dec, 2002, IIT, Roorkee.
- Agrawal Shailesh, Chourasia Ajay Parashar Jalaj, (2002). ‘Seismic Safety Aspects for Historical Monuments’, Conference on Strategy & Methodology for conservation of Heritage Buildings & Monuments in India, April 4-5, 2002, CBRI, Roorkee.
- Agrawal, Shailesh Kr., Chourasia Ajay, Parashar Jalaj, Dutta, Jayanta, (2001). Experimental Investigations on Earthquake Resistance and Retrofitting Measures of Masonry Houses – A Review, International Conference on Civil Engineering (ICCE – 2001), 23-25 July 2001, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Agrawal, S.K., Chourasia Ajay, Parashar Jalaj, (2001). System Identification of Eight Storied Steel Framed Structure, Advances in Structural Dynamics and Design (ASDD), January 9 –11, 2001, SERC, Madras.
- Agrawal Shailesh, Chourasia Ajay, Parashar Jalaj, (2000). Vibration Monitoring of Machine Foundation at Refineries, VETOMAC-I, Oct., 25-27, 2000, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- Jaisingh, M.P., Verma, N., Gupta, R.L., Gautam, D.K., Agrawal, S.K., Kumar, A., Chaurasia, A., Kumar, V., Batra, Y.K.,(2000). Nand Kuti: A Prefabricated Shelter for the Victims of the Natural Disasters, Proceedings of All India Seminars on Lesson for Architects and Engineers from Recent Indian Earthquake, Roorkee, 2000.
- CSIR-CBRI Tips for Good Construction Practices in Buildings. (2017). CSIR-Central Building Research Institute, (in Hindi and English)
- Spinner: Tool for design of RC Slabs for Residential Buildings (2017). CSIR-Central Building Research Institute,Roorkee
- CSIR-CBRI Technology Demonstration-cum-Class Room. (2015). CSIR-Central Building Research Institute,Roorkee.
- Chourasia, Ajay, Bhattacharyya, S.K., Jain, H.K. (2014) Confined Masonry Constructions, 20 min. Documentary, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee.
- 3-D Deformometer (2014): For measurement of deformation of prism in three perpendicular directions simultaneously. No. 444/DEL/2015, dt. 02.2015.
- Round Boulders Mortar (RBM) Units for Masonry Works (in process).
- Steel Jacketing Technique For Strengthening Coal Pillars To Improve Underground Coal Recovery (in process).
- Delivered lecture on ‘Prefab Buildings System: Seismic Safety’ at Chief Engineers Seminar organized by Military Engineering Services, Chandigarh, March 2018.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Prefab Technologies and Precast Concrete Structure, PEPSCON at Vijayawada, January 2018.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Prefab Buildings for Housing for all Mission-Prospects & Caution on ‘’ Housing for hilly regions at NIT, Srinagar Uttarakhand, December 2017
- Delivered lecture on ‘Seismic Resistant Design and Good Construction Practices’ at NIIT, Najibabad, Uttar Pradesh, Oct. 2017.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Retrofitting Techniques of Existing Buildings’ to engineers of SAARC Nations, SAARC Disaster Management Centre, Gandhinagar, Sept. 2017.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Design of Earthquake Resistance Building’ at Ordance Factories Institute of Learning, Dehradun, April 2017.
- Earthquake Resistant Structures’ – around 10 Lecture delivered at various plate forms, 2017.
- Structural Health Monitoring’ –Lecture delivered at the India International Trade Fair Delhi, Nov.2016.
- Delivered lectures on ‘Masonry Buildings: Types of Failures & Codal Recommendations’, and ‘Design, Construction of Confined Masonry Buildings’, at the Training Workshop on Earthquake Resistant Buildings in Bihar, organized by Bihar State Disaster Management Authority, May.
- ‘Seismic Retrofitting of Secretariat Building, Chandigarh’, Chandigarh Heritage Conservation Committee, April 2015.
- ‘Repair, Rehabilitation and Maintenance of Buildings’–An invited talk at Workshop on Civil Works for Army Officers, delivered at Bengal Engineering Group, April 2015.
- ‘Concrete & its ingredients: Quality Control Aspects’ – Lecture delivered at All India seminar on New Developments in Use of Alternative Materials for Concrete, organized by ICI, Nagpur, March 2015.
- Delivered a lecture in Workshop to Senior Officials of Ordnance Factories of India, on Advances in Structural Engineering, Rehabilitation and Maintenance of Buildings”; National Academy of Defense Protection (NADP), Nagpur, July, 2014.
Short Term Courses / Workshops
- Lecture on ‘Seismic Safety &Retrofitting of Hospitals’ at PIU, Dehradun, July 2017.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Prefabricated Construction Technology’ –Evaluation of Two storied prefab system to establish behavior of joints under seismic condition at MHADA, Mumbai, 2013.
- Lecture on ‘Earthquake Resistant Design and detailing of Structures’ at Training Programme on Earthquake Resistant Design of Masonry, RCC and framed structures, organized by IIT Roorkee, August 2013.
- Lecture on ‘Seismic vulnerability assessment of existing building stocks’ at NDMA, New Delhi, 2012.
- Lecture on ‘Seismic resistant design of structures’ to PWD engineers of Bihar and WB, at Department of Continuing Education, IIT Roorkee, 2012.
- Lectures in training programme under RSWNET, BMTPC- Dr Fixit Training programme, project on Low cost housing technology, techniques; seismic resistant design & construction etc., 2012.
- Lecture on ‘Retrofitting of Structures damaged due to earthquake’, at The Institution of Engineers (I), Roorkee, July 2012.
- Lecture on Rehabilitation of RC structures – A case study and Quality Assurance in Construction Activity at BMTPC, New Delhi, 2011.
- Nine (9) lectures in the short term course on NPCBEERM organized by CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee, 2005-06.
Research& Developmental Projects:
- Structural Health Monitoring of Tall Buildings using Vibration based Techniques (under DST: IC-IMPACT scheme) Collaborating Laboratories: CSIR-CBRI and Department of Building, Civil &Environmental Engineering, Concordia University, Canada).
- Improving Seismic Resistance of Cultural Heritage Buildings (under EU-INDIA economic cross cultural programme, Sponsor: European Commission to India, New Delhi and University of Minho, Guimaraes, Portugal).
- Post-earthquake reconstruction of schools in Nepal: Planning, Design & Construction Audit (Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India and Planning Commission, Govt. of Nepal). (In process)
Game Changing’ R&D Projects
- Structural Health Monitoring of Buildings using Wireless Sensor Network, 2012-2017.
- Development of appropriate support system for artificial pillars for optimal coal extraction of locked-up coal from underground mines, 2012-2017.
- Performance evaluation of confined masonry building under earthquake loads, 2012-2017.
R & D Projects
- Mission Mode Project on Development of Fast, Durable and Energy Efficient Mass Housing Scheme, CSIR, 2017-2020. (Nodal Officer)
- Development of prefab RC shear wall systems and evaluation of their lateral load resistance, CSIR, 2017.
- Development of efficient mechanical anchorage device for precast beam-column joint, CSIR, 2017.
- Performance evaluation and improvisation of pre-fabricated building systems, CSIR, 2017.
- Development of dry-construction technology in buildings, CSIR, 2017.
- Mechanization in construction process of mass housing, CSIR, 2017.
- Mechanization in production of prefabricated building components of mass housing, CSIR, 2017.
- Design interventions for enhancement of robustness in traditional construction, numerical and experimental investigation, CSIR, 2017.
- Design of confined masonry construction using different types units (concrete masonry block, ACC block), CSIR, 2017.
- Early Warning Instrumentation & Decision package for a landslide in Chamoli- Joshimath region of Garhwal Himalaya, CSIR-CBRI, 2014.
- Design and development of disaster resistant intermediate shelters for Western Himalayan region, CSIR-CBRI, 2014.
- Experimental Investigation on efficacy of various materials & techniques used for seismic retrofitting of structures under quasi-static conditions, CSIR network project coordinated by CBRI Roorkee, 2007.
- Health assessment of multi-storied buildings under ambient & forced vibration, CSIR network project coordinated by SERC, Chennai, 2007.
- Experimental investigation of RC frames buildings under quasi-static condition, 2004.
- Lateral Strength of Brick Masonry Buildings with Precast RC Channel and Brick Panel Roofing System under Quasi-Static Testing, 2000.
- System Identification of 8 storied steel framed structure under ambient vibration, 1999.
Sponsored Research Projects
- Review of Architectural and Structural Detailing and Quality Assurance of Buildings, Sponsor: UP Rajkiya Nirman Nigam Ltd., Dehradun, 2017.
- Health Assessment of Ammonia storage tank foundations at CFCL Gadepan, Kota Sponsor: Chemical Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited Gadepan (Kota), Rajasthan, 2016.
- Technical Assistance, Support and Guidance to Panchayat Raj Department, Govt. of Orrisa for implementation of Rural Housing Programme, (Sponsor: Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of Orrisa, Bhubaneshwar), 2016.
- Life assessment of UP Civil Structure at CFCL, Gadepan, Kota (Sponsor: Chemical Fertilisers and Chemicals Limited Gadepan (Kota), Rajasthan), 2016.
- Instrumentation & Monitoring of Buildings and RE walls at Greenfield Airport, Pakyong, Sikkim (Sponsor: Airport Authority of India, New Delhi), 2014.
- Damage assessment at Chittorgarh Fort due to nearby blasting operations (Sponsor: Supreme Court of India), 2014.
- Restoration of Konark Temple, Orissa (Sponsor: Archaeological Survey of India, New Delhi), 2013.
- Evaluation of 3-S prefabricated systems to establish behaviour of various joints under all design loads on full scale two storied building (Sponsor: BG Shirke Const. Tech., Pune), 2010
- Estimation of Seismic Vulnerability of Building in Delhi: An approach towards building damage scenario (Sponsor: DST, New Delhi), 2006.
- Experimental Investigation of masonry buildings under quasi-static conditions (Sponsor DST, New Delhi), 2006
- Health Assessment and quality audit of Health Care Buildings in Uttaranchal (Sponsor: UA Health System Development Project, Dehradun), 2006.
- Risk assessment & engineering solutions for buildings along Metro Corridor (Sponsor: International Metro Civil Contractors, New Delhi), 2005.
- Structural Integrity Test on 1/5th Scale Model of Core Support Structure (Sponsor : IGCAR, Kalpakkam), 2004
- Seismic Vulnerability of Building in Jabalpur Urban Area (Sponsor : DST, New Delhi), 2003.
- Projects on Repair and Re-strengthening of Earthquake Damaged Buildings/Structures in Gujarat (Sponsor : IOCL), 2003
- Inspection of Plant and Township Buildings for Assessment of Damages caused by Earthquake and Suggesting Remedial Measures (Sponsor : KRIBHCO, Surat), 2003
- Earthquake Behaviour of Masonry and Prefabricated Buildings (Sponsor: DST, New Delhi), 2002.
- Development and Repair of RC Near Surface Depositories for Disposal of Radioactive Wastes (Sponsor: BARC, New Delhi), 2002.
- Investigating Earthquake resistance of Three Multi-storeyed Buildings of Sahara India at Lucknow and Recommending Seismic Retrofitting Measures (Sponsor : SICCL, Lucknow,), 2002
- Repair & Rehabilitation of earthquake Damaged Health Care Buildings (Sponsor: Govt. of Gujarat), 2002
- S & T Support for Survey, Repair and Rehabilitation of Buildings of Earthquake Affected Areas of Garhwal Including Establishment of Building Centres (Sponsor : UP, PWD), 1999
- Reclamation of Abandoned Flyash Ponds for Human Settlements (Sponsor : TIFAC, DST, New Delhi), 1999
- Resettlement of Displaced People of Myanmar, Construction of Pre-Fabricated Housing in the Rakhine State(Sponsor: Ministry of External Affairs Govt. of India), New Delhi, 2018
- Retrofitting Measures for JNV at Pakyong, East Sikkim and Rothak, West Sikkim, (Sponsor: Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India), 2016.
- Expert Advice on Structural Detailing of Proposed Multi-Storied Residential Building of DDA, Dwarka (Sponsor: Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi), 2016.
- Expert Advice on Structural Drawing/Design of Proposed Multi-storeyed Dwelling Units for in-situ Rehabilitation of Slum Dwellers at Jailorwala Bagh, New Delhi. (Sponsor: Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi), 2016.
- Expert Advice on Design/Drawings of Proposed Prefabricated LIG type High Rise Buildings (Sponsor: Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi), 2016.
- Expert Advice on Structural Drawings/Design of Integrated Housing of MDDA, Dehradun (Sponsor: Masoori- Dehradun Development Authority, Dehradun), 2016.
- Feasibility study for Construction of Sports College, Behat (Sponsor: U.P. Rajkiya Nirman Nigam Ltd. Saharanpur Unit), 2016.
- Investigation on Damage to a Building in Himgiri Colony, Moradabad Due to Operation of Tube Wall (Sponsor: Moradabad Nagar Nigam, Moradabad) 2015
- Expert advice on Structural Detailing of Proposed Multi –storied Residential Building and Sport Complex of DDA, Dwarka (Sponsor: Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi), 2015.
- Rehabilitation of Kedarnath dham, Uttarakhand (Sponsor: Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Govt. Of Uttarakhand), 2015.
- Expert advice on construction of multi-storied prefabricated buildings in Delhi (Sponsor: Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi), 2015.
- Restoration & Preservation of RC Heritage Secretariat Building at Chandigarh (Sponsor: UT Administration, Chandigarh), 2014.
- Retrofitting for Fire-Damaged AG Office Building at Shimla, (Sponsor: CPWD, Shimla), 2014.
- Rehabilitation of fire-damaged heritage building of SBI, Chennai (Sponsor: State Bank of India, Chennai), 2014.
- Residual life assessment of plant structures and suggesting remedial measures at NTPC Rihand (Sponsor: NTPC, Rihand), 2014.
- Rehabilitation of 5 MCD flyovers in Delhi (Sponsor: Municipal Corporation of Delhi, 2010.
- Rehabilitation of fire damaged buildings at ALTTC Center, BSNL, Ghaziabad,; CSIR HQ) and strengthening measure, 2009
- Proof checking of structural analysis, design & drawing of University Buildings at HNB University, Srinagar (Sponsor: HNB University, Srinagar), 2009
- Repair & Rehabilitation of ISBT, Kashmere Gate –Link & Departure Blocks at New Delhi (Sponsor: Delhi Integrated Multimodal Transit System, New Delhi), 2009
- Structural integrity & stability of administrative block & G.O.’s Mess of ITBP Mussoori (Sponsor: CPWD, Dehradun), 2008
- Inspection & quality control monitoring of construction works at HRDI at Mandi, Gopeshwar (Sponsor: Herbal Research Development Institute), 2009
- Repair & Rehabilitation of Expansion Joint at Jawahar Vypar Bhawan, New Delhi. (Sponsor: State Trading Corporation of India, New Delhi), 2008
- Proof checking of structural analysis, design & drawing of Aurangabad Airport Buildings (Sponsor: Airport Authority of India, New Delhi), 2007
- Rehabilitation of Expansion Joint at Old PGIM Hospital Building, Rohtak, (Sponsor: Govt. Hospital, Rohtak), 2007
- Health assessment of RC Chimney & suggesting remedial measures at NTPC, Badarpur (Sponsor: NTPC, Badarpur), 2004.
- Vibration monitoring of R&D Centre (CEERI) at Naraina (Sponsor: CEERI Pilani), 2004.
- Structural design of School Buildings under Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya Vidhyalaya at Dehradun and Landhora (Sponsor: UP RNN, Lucknow), 2004
- Advice on seismic design for Gujarat Government Office Buildings, Ahmedabad (Sponsor: SMEC, Ahmedabad), 2004.
- Advice on Remedial Measures for Earthquake Damaged Pump Stations & Residential Buildings of SMPL – IOCL in Gujarat (Sponsor: IOCL, Rajkot),. 2004.
- Distress in Campus School Building at GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar (Sponsor: Pantnagar University), 2004.
- Third Party Inspection of Road Repaired by Hot Mix Plant at BHEL Hardwar Township (Sponsor: BHEL, Hardwar), 2004.
- Third Party Inspection of Water-proofing cement coat on the exterior of buildings at BHEL Hardwar Township (Sponsor: BHEL, Hardwar),. 2004.
- Third Party Inspection of Grit finish plaster on buildings at BHEL Noida (Sponsor: BHEL, Noida), 2004.
- Structural analysis & seismic design of Forest Hospital building at Haldwani (Sponsor: Forest Hospital, Haldwani), 2004.
- Remedial measures for distressed Guest House at Neelkanth (Sponsor: UA Tourism, Dehradun), 2004.
- Structural design of Office Buildings at Meerut (Sponsor: UP AVP, Lucknow), 2003
- Structural analysis & seismic design of Mechanical Engineering Block of GB Pant University, Pauri (Sponsor: UPRNN, Lucknow), 2003.
- Remedial Measures for Restoration of Damaged Buildings at IOCL, Gandhidham, 2002.
- Investigation of Damages of IOCL Buildings caused by Earthquake & suggesting measures at IOCL, Rajkot, 2002.
- Checking of Structural Integrity of Indian Oil Nagar, Noida including pipeline office building at NOIDA, IOCL, New Delhi, 2002.
- Strengthening measures for repair of PVKL’s control room building at Kandla, Jamnagar, 2002.
- Remedial measures for restoration of damaged buildings of IOCL at Ahmedabad, 2002.
- Checking of Design Basis with regard to Earthquake forces, IOCL, New Delhi, 2002.
- Investigations of Distressed Govt. of India Text Books Press, Chandigarh, 2002.
- Structural Analysis, Design and Construction of SRINIVASAM Multi-storeyed Amenities Centre at Tirupati (Sponsor: T.T. Devasthanams, Tirupati), 2001.
- Vibration Monitoring of CCR building at BPCL refinery, Mumbai (Sponsor: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Mumbai), 2001.
- Vibration Monitoring of Gas Compressor Foundations at OIL, Duliajan (Sponsor : Oil India Limited, Duliajan), 2000
- Block Vibration Tests at Panipat (Sponsor: Soil Engineering Consultants, New Delhi), 2000.
- Engineering and Geotechnical Investigation and Design of Balianala retaining walls (Sponsor: PWD, Nainital), 1998.
- Project Coordinator, Mission Mode Project on “Mass Housing”, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee.
- Scientist-in-Charge, Building Dynamics Laboratory, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee.
- Member of Civil Construction and Maintenance activities of CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee.
- Member of AcSIR Evaluation committee at CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee
- Institute Structural Engineer for design of structures in CSIR-CBRI, CSIR-IIP, Dehradun campus.
- Member of the Departmental administrative committees at CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee.
- Member, International Masonry Society (IMS), UK.
- Fellow, Indian Society of Earthquake Technology (ISET)
- Life Member, Institution of Engineers (India).
- Life Member, Indian Association of Structural Engineering
- Life Member, Indian Concrete Institute.
Organizational Activities (at CSIR-CBRI):
- Chairman, CSIR-CBRI Website Development Committee.
- Coordinator, short term course on ‘Seismic Analysis, Design & Retrofitting of Buildings’ – 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011.
- Coordinator, Brainstorming Session & Industrial Meet’ for Research activities at CSIR-CBRI under 12th Five Year Plan, 2015.
- Coordinator of an Expert Group (DST-SERC) Meeting for project evaluation/monitoring, 2013, 2014.
- Coordinator of an Expert Group (DST: IC-IMPACT) Meeting for project evaluation, 2015.
Awards & Honours:
- Awarded ‘Diamond Jubilee Research Paper Award by CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee for best Research Publication for the year 2016-17, Feb. 2017.
- Awarded ‘Eminent Engineers Award 2015 by Uttarakhand State Center of The Institution of Engineers, Dehradun’, Dec. 2016.
- Awarded ‘Ph.D’ Structural Engineering by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. Thesis topic: ‘Performance Evaluation of Confined Masonry Buildings under lateral cyclic loadings’, May 2015.
Current Research Areas:
- Confined Masonry Buildings
- Experimental Investigations : RC, Masonry Structures
- Prefabricated Buildings
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Seismic Resistant Analysis and Design
- Structural Restoration
- Masonry Buildings