To develop green retrofit methodologies for existing office buildings in composite climate
Scope of the work:
- Assessment of the existing building rating systems such as GRIHA, LEED, and BREEAM and ECBC Code and identification of Gaps.
- Development of an improved building sustainability assessment tool / rating system for existing buildings based on the gaps identified
- Performance evaluation of identified existing buildings covering the following studies:
(i) Energy simulation modeling
(ii) Thermal performance evaluation
(iii) Energy and environment audit
(iv) Environmental assessment of materials and life cycle cost
(v) Material characterization.
- Development of green retrofitting strategies for existing buildings in composite climate
- Implementation of green retrofit strategies and its performance evaluation in identified building at CSIR-CBRI Roorkee.
- To explore the possibility of developed strategies for the other geo-climatic regions of country.