About the Technology
Waffle units are open box type precast RC units, upto 1.2 m in size. Casting of units is done in steel/timber moulds with steel weld mesh reinforcement. After curing, they are assembled over the shuttering in a grid pattern leaving a space of 10 to 17 cm between the units.
- Cement requirement : 41.5kg/m2
- Steel requirement : 7.7kg/m2
- Uses green technology with lower carbon foot-print and lower embodied energy.
- Can be cast and assembled manually or by using machines for larger housing projects.
- Preferred in construction of two-way slabs of large span (above 90 m).
- Saves construction cost and time.
- Incorporated in BIS Codes, CPWD and several State Schedules.
- Implemented in U.P., M.P., Uttarakhand, A.P., Haryana etc for the construction of several halls.
- Offers aesthetically pleasing ceiling.
- Cost effective, saves upto 30% construction cost with respect to RCC slabs