- To develop materials and methods to reduce impact on environment by buildings through minimum use of energy & natural resources
- To enhance durability and performance of buildings by application of technology, bio-engineering and other emerging technologies.
- To provide user friendly guidelines for making cost effective houses in different geo-climatic regions of the country.
Scope of the Work:
Scope of the project comprised of the following Work Packages (WP):
Envisaged Major outputs:
- Cement free binder system for mortar & concrete.
- Durable and ultra high strength concrete using Nano-technology.
- Thermal coatings based on nano-materials.
- Building components from wastes
- Fire safe materials
- Green retrofitting of existing buildings
- Making porous concrete Foundation on problematic soils
- Solar Thermal Air Conditioners
- An Indigenous Cathodic Protection System for corrosion control in RCC Structures
- Demonstration buildings with CBRI technologies in different climatic zones