Countries visited in connection with higher studies, research training, employment and other scientific assignments:
|Date of Birth||4th December, 1988|
|Present Designation||Scientist - C|
|Degree / Diploma||Main Subject||University/Institution with Distinction||Country||Year of Passing|
|B.Tech||Civil Engineering||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (Autonomous), West Bengal (https://jgec.ac.in/)||India||2010|
|M.Tech||EIDM (Enginnering of Infrastructure and Disaster Mitigation, Building)||AcSIR, New Delhi (http://acsir.res.in/)||India||2013|
|Ph.D (Pursuing)||Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee (https://www.iitr.ac.in/)||India||Ongoing|
|a) Main Area of Specialization||Soil and Rock Mechanics; Engineering Geology|
|b) Sub-area of Specialization||Foundation Engineering; Landslides, Slope Stability and Control Measures; Geo-Mechanical Modelling in FEM and DEM; Ground Improvement Techniques.|
|Nepal||To perform site assessment for 5 schools in Dolakha district of Nepal for the project on Post-Earthquake Reconstruction of School Buildings sponsored by Govt. of India.||15.04.2019||20.04.2019|
|China||To participate in the International Symposium on Mountain Resources, Environment and Disasters in the Himalayas at Chongqing and to deliver presentation on "Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas" at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu.||25.11.2018||29.11.2018|
|Publications and Patents|
Referred Journal Articles
Awards and Distinctions (including fellowships of the learned societies):
|Name of Award||Awarded by||Awarded for||Year|
|National Merit Scholarship||MHRD||Higher Secondary||2006|
|Q.H. Trainee Scientist||CSIR||M.Tech||2011-14|
|Duration||Funding Agency|| Project No.
||Role in Project||Project Status|
|2018-20||CSIR||HCP – 0017||Co-PI of one task||Ongoing|
|2018-20||CSIR||HCP – 0015||Task Leader||Ongoing|
|2016-17||CSIR||ESC – 0102||Team Member||Completed|
|Duration||Client|| Project No.
||Role in Project||Project Status|
|2019-20||NHIDCL||SSP – 0299||Team Member||Ongoing|
|2019-20||DMRC||SSP – 0279||Team Member||Ongoing|
|2019-20||UTDB||SSP – 0838||Co-Principal Investigator||Ongoing|
|2018-19||MDA||SSP – 0789||Co-Principal Investigator||Completed|
|2018-19||UTDB||SSP – 0148||Principal Investigator||Completed|
- Working as Scientist – C at CSIR – Central Building Research Institute (CBRI), Roorkee since 16th March, 2016.
- Assistant Professor (since 2017) at CSIR – CBRI for the discipline of Engineering Sciences in the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi (http://acsir.res.in/facultylist/). Courses managed: Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics (ENG-CBRI-1-1148); Advanced Foundation Engineering (ENG-CBRI-1-1103).
- Worked as Teaching Assistant at IIT Roorkee during 2014 – 2016 for the MTech course-works and practical labs.
- Worked as Trainee Scientist (Quick Hire Scheme) at CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee during 2011 – 2013.
- Worked as Assistant Manager (Trainee) at MBECL, Kolkata during 2010 – 2011. Have experience in project management and construction of operational units (e.g. overhead water tanks, thickeners, scale pit) and electrical house for a water treatment plant.
- Industrial training experience in a (G+13) high-rise building construction project “Elita Garden Vista” at New Town, Kolkata by Simplex Infrastructures Limited.
Services for Scientific Societies/ Publishers:
- Reviewer for the journal “SN Applied Sciences” (https://www.springer.com/engineering/journal/42452) published by Springer Nature Switzerland AG.
- Reviewer for existing/new guidelines/ standards as a member of the Rock Mechanics Sectional Committee, CED 48 of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- Member of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) technical committee on Rock Mechanics (CED 48)
- Executive Committee Member of IGS Roorkee Local Chapter for the year 2016-18
- Life Member (LM-3732) of Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS) (http://igs.org.in/)
- Life Member (LM-2065) of Indian Society for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology (ISRMTT) (http://www.isrmtt.com/)
Invited Talks/ Workshops:
- Delivered a presentation on “Geo-technical Aspects for Building Foundations on Rock Masses” at National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Bhawan, S.J. Enclave, New Delhi on 28th May, 2019.
- Delivered a lecture on “Numerical Methods for Slope Stability Analysis” at CSIR – CBRI on 12th March, 2019 for training of Officers of Geological Survey of India (GSI) and participants from other organizations like DMMC, Dehradun; THDC etc. as part of a training program on “Geo-technical and Engineering Geology” at Dehradun from 6th to 13th March, 2019, organized by Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI).
- Delivered a lecture on “Landslide Hazards and Slope Stability Problems in the Himalayas” in the 2-days National Workshop on “Landslide Mitigation and Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparation” sponsored by National Disaster Mitigation Authority (NDMA), New Delhi and held at CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee during 17th-18th January, 2019.
- Delivered a presentation on “Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas” at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu, China on 30th November, 2018.
- Delivered invited lecture classes for Engineers of Druk Green Power Corporation Limited, Bhutan under the International Training Programme on “Planning and design of underground structures of hydropower project”, held at AHEC Department, IIT Roorkee, India during February 21st-28th, 2017.
Thesis / Project Works Supervised:
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2019) on “Influence of Discontinuities on Stability of Himalayan Rock Slopes” by Vaidika Saini, THDC Institute of Hydro-power Engineering & Technology, Tehri, Uttarakhand.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2019) on “Slope Stability and Seismic Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations on Sloping Ground” by Shelly Thakur, Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College, Sundernagar, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2019) on “Slope Strengthening Using Micro-Pile Reinforcement” by Mradul Agarwal, Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu.
- M.Tech Dissertation Thesis (2018) on “Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes along Shivpuri – Kaudiyala Route (NH – 58), Uttarakhand Himalayas” by Shri Neeraj Dahiya under the supervision of Dr. Shantanu Sarkar, Shri Koushik Pandit and Dr. Satish Kumar for Department of Geology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2018) on “Design and Analysis of a Typical G+3 Building on a Hilly Terrain: With Special Reference to Foundations” by Mohd. Ashraf Khan, PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research, Tamil Nadu.