Countries visited in connection with higher studies, research training, employment and other scientific assignments:
|Date of Birth||04.12.1988|
|Degree / Diploma||Main Subject||University/Institution with Distinction||Country||Year of Passing|
|B.Tech||Civil Engineering||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College||India||2010|
|M.Tech||EIDM (Enginnering of Infrastructure and Disaster Mitigation, Building)||AcSIR, New Delhi||India||2013|
|Ph.D (Pursuing)||Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee||India||-|
|a) Main Area of Specialization||Soil and Rock Mechanics & Engineering|
|b) Sub-area of Specialization||Design of Foundations for Difficult Terrains; Slope Stability Analysis & Design of Control Measures; Geo-Mechanical Modelling; Ground Improvement: Granular Anchor Piles.|
|Nepal||To perform site assessment for 5 schools in Dolakha district of Nepal for the project on Post-Earthquake Reconstruction of School Buildings sponsored by Govt. of India.||15.04.2019||20.04.2019|
|China||To participate in the International Symposium on Mountain Resources, Environment and Disasters in the Himalayas at Chongqing and to deliver presentation on "Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas" at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu.||25.11.2018||29.11.2018|
|Publications and Patents|
Awards and Distinctions (including fellowships of the learned societies):
|Name of Award||Awarded by||Awarded for||Year|
|National Merit Scholarship||MHRD||Higher Secondary||2006|
|Q.H. Trainee Scientist||CSIR||M.Tech||2011-14|
- Assistant Professor (2017-present) at CSIR – CBRI for the discipline of Engineering Sciences in the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi (http://acsir.res.in/facultylist/). Courses taught: Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics (ENG-CBRI-1-1148); Advanced Foundation Engineering (ENG-CBRI-1-1103).
- Industrial training experience in a water treatment plant and a (G+13) high-rise building construction.
1. Executive Committee Member of IGS Roorkee Local Chapter for the year 2016-18.
2. Life Member (LM-3732) of Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS) (http://igs.org.in/)
3. Life Member (LM-2065) of Indian Society for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology (ISRMTT) (http://www.isrmtt.com/)
Invited Talks/ Workshops:
- Delivered lecture on “Numerical Methods for Slope Stability Analysis” at CSIR – CBRI on 12th March, 2019 for training of Officers of Geological Survey of India (GSI) and participants from other organizations like DMMC, Dehradun; THDC etc. as part of a training program on “Geo-technical and Engineering Geology” at Dehradun from 6th to 13th March, 2019, organized by Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI).
- Delivered lecture on “Landslide Hazards and Slope Stability Problems in the Himalayas” in the 2-days National Workshop on “Landslide Mitigation and Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparation” sponsored by National Disaster Mitigation Authority (NDMA), New Delhi and held at CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee during 17th-18th January, 2019.
- Delivered presentation on “Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas” at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu, China on 30th November, 2018.
- Delivered invited lecture classes for Engineers of Druk Green Power Corporation Limited, Bhutan under the International Training Programme on “Planning and design of underground structures of hydropower project”, held at AHEC Department, IIT Roorkee, India during February 21st-28th, 2017.
Thesis / Project Works Supervised:
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2019) on “Slope Strengthening Using Micro-Pile Reinforcement” by Mradul Agarwal, Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu.
- M.Tech Dissertation Thesis (2018) on “Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes along Shivpuri – Kaudiyala Route (NH – 58), Uttarakhand Himalayas” by Shri Neeraj Dahiya under the supervision of Dr. Shantanu Sarkar, Shri Koushik Pandit and Dr. Satish Kumar for Department of Geology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2018) on “Design and Analysis of a Typical G+3 Building on a Hilly Terrain: With Special Reference to Foundations” by Mohd. Ashraf Khan, PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research, Tamil Nadu.