Countries visited in connection with higher studies, research training, employment and other scientific assignments:
|Date of Birth||04.12.1988|
|koushik [at] cbri.res.in|
|Degree / Diploma||Main Subject||University/Institution with Distinction||Country||Year of Passing|
|B.Tech||Civil Engineering||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College||India||2010|
|M.Tech||EIDM (Enginnering of Infrastructure and Disaster Mitigation, Building)||AcSIR, New Delhi||India||2013|
|Ph.D (Pursuing)||Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee||India||-|
|a) Main Area of Specialization||Geotechnical Engineering|
|b) Sub-area of Specialization||Rock Mechanics & Rock Engg.|
|China||To participate in the International Symposium on Mountain Resources, Environment and Disasters in the Himalayas at Chongqing and to deliver presentation on "Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas" at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu.||25.11.2018||29.11.2018|
|Publications and Patents|
Awards and Distinctions (including fellowships of the learned societies):.
|Name of Award||Awarded by||Awarded for||Year|
|National Merit Scholarship||MHRD||Higher Secondary||2006|
|Q.H. Trainee Scientist||CSIR||M.Tech||2011-14|
Industrial training experience in a water treatment plant and a G+13 high-rise building construction .
1. Executive Committee Member of IGS Roorkee Local Chapter for the year 2016-18.
2. Life Member (LM-3732) of Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS) (http://igs.org.in/)
3. Life Member (LM-2065) of Indian Society for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology (ISRMTT) (http://www.isrmtt.com/)
Invited Talks/ Workshops:
- To deliver presentation on “Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas” at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu, China on 30th November, 2018.
- Invited lecture classes for Engineers of Druk Green Power Corporation Limited, Bhutan under the International Training programme on “Planning and design of underground structures of hydropower project”, held at AHEC Department, IIT Roorkee, India during February 21st-28th, 2017.