7A. Skill development, upgradation and training program for field engineers, technical and non-technical manpower
Task 5D: Identification of fungi on select heritage structure and development of suitable anti-fungal chemical from medicinal plants.
Task Leader(s): Dr. R. K. Verma
- Identification of deteriorating fungi from heritage structure.
- Development of anti-fungal chemical from medicinal plants for control of fungi on selected heritage structure.
Description of Task
- Identification of fungi using their microstructure.
- Development of eco-friendly anti-fungal from medicinal plants.
- Determination of anti-fungal activity of coating and chemical as per ASTM.
- Accelerated laboratory trial and field trial using selected coatings and developed anti-fungal chemical for determination of anti-fungal activity.
- Determination of UV degradation and yellowing resistance and water absorption as per ASTM.
- Monitoring of laboratory and field trial experiments by comparison with other similar products during all seasons of selected climatic region of India.
- Eco-friendly anti-fungal primitive product (First year)
- Eco-friendly anti-fungal improved product (Second year)
- Research Paper