Design and development of disaster resistant Intermediate Shelters for Western Himalayan Region
Scope of Work:
- Field Studies to carry out comparative assessment of different types of intermediate shelters developed by various organizations and to indentify the gaps.
- To study the local materials and construction technologies as well as socio-economic & cultural requirements of the people in the selected Region including merits & demerits in materials & construction techniques
- To proposed design alternatives based on local materials and Technologies to address the indentified gapes.
- Structural analysis of proposed designs including modifications in the design alternatives and materials & construction techniques etc.
- Prototypes design & experimental validation.
- Field demonstration of prototype units in selected location
- To explore the proposed prototype for the other geo-climatic regions.