Task – 5.2:
Development of Wireless Sensors, Interrogator System and technique for wireless link for Buildings
Task Leader:- R. Bhatnagar
- Development of interfaces for wireless transmission of the data from sensors and arrays based on MEMS with sensor interface, required computation and actuation with wireless transceiver.
- Data Mining using advanced computational techniques
- Development of instrumentation, interfaces and techniques for Data communication, wireless link, VSAT link and Data Compression techniques
- Development of methodology for damage estimation and structural health assessment
- Data collection, analysis, interpretation of data and Algorithm development for damage detection, location and an early warning for taking appropriate measures
Scope of Work:
- Feasibility study for the Instrumentation requirement for building health monitoring in association with other participating Labs
- Realization of required conventional electrical/ electronic sensors and FBG sensors/ arrays and associated signal processing instrumentation for health monitoring of buildings, with special reference to parameters like acceleration, displacement, tilt/inclination, strain, crack growth, temperature, humidity and corrosion.
- Development of wireless interface for identified sensors
- Development of suitable techniques for monitoring of different parameters including signal processing, algorithm design & feature extraction
- Field implementation and testing of complete system for monitoring the anomalies of buildings