Task 3C: Structural restoration and retrofitting techniques for heritage structures.
Task Leader(s): Hina Gupta
- Development of Restoration and Retrofitting technologies for different types of Heritage Structures, without disturbing the architecture of the building.
- Performance evaluation of retrofitted structure under different loading condition simulated in laboratory.
- Monitoring of heritage structures
Description of Task
Structural restoration refers to the process of correctly revealing the state of a historic building, as it looked in the past and recovering the same by various measures while respecting its heritage value. The historic character of a property will be retained and preserved. Therefore, restoration and retrofitting is sole of this project. The strategy to be followed will be:
- Heritage structure repair and retrofitting technique
- Heritage structure monitoring techniques