Task – 1.7:
Landslide hazard information system and design of innovative measures for landslide control
Task Leader:- P.S.Prasad, Kishor Kumar
- Landslide hazard information system of a part of Uttarakhand.
- Identification and selection of a typical/strategic/critical landslide as a “pacesetter example”.
- Detailed investigation, instrumentation, monitoring and analysis of a selected landslide in Rudraprayag Guptkashi region of Garhwal Himalaya.
- Design of innovative and cost effective remedial measures and their implementation.
Scope of the work:
- Literature Review
- Landslide data collection for LHIS
- Preparation of RDBMS and LHI
- Selection of a typical Landslide
- Topographic, Geological, Geomorphological, Geohydological and Geotechnical Investigation
- Instrumentation and Monitoring of landslide
- Design of innovative control measures
- Implementation of control measures