7A. Skill development, upgradation and training program for field engineers, technical and non-technical manpower
Task 1A: Classification of important heritage structures and extracting superior features of Indian traditional knowledge of building science.
Task Leader(s): Dr. Achal Kumar Mittal
- Classification and characterization of important heritage structures of India based on their architecture, structural systems and materials compositions.
- Extracting the superior features of Indian traditional knowledge base in building sciences, water works, thermal comfort and other functional aspects.
Description of Task
- Field Survey of the selected heritage structures and Understanding the ancient building science
- Digital documentation and Comparison and linking of ancient building science to modern buildings
- Database on Heritage structures having different searching capabilities
- A book on superiority features of Indian heritage structures