Task – 4.3:
Study of Impact behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Elements
Task Leader:- Dr. A.K.Mittal
- Experimental study of impact behaviour of RC elements by drop weight impact tests
- Prediction of impact behaviour of RC elements by non-linear finite element analysis.
Scope of Work:
- RC Beam and slab elements with designed flexural and shear strengths and surface characteristics will be cast and subjected to drop weight impact. The variation of impact force and deformation characteristics (defection and strains) as a function of time will be obtained using various sensors installed on the specimen and attached to dynamic datalogger and crack pattern will be obtained by using high speed photography. (High speed photographic camera)
- The mathematical modelling and analysis of the RC elements will be made for Prediction of deformation and crack pattern using finite element analysis. (LS-Dyna FEM Package)
- Pre-stressed concrete beams will be cast and impact behaviour will be obtained using the drop weight impact test. ( Pre-stressing Device)
- With the information obtained from experimental test and predictions made an effort will be made to device a methodology for performance based design.