Development of energy efficient, environmentally, socially & economically sustainable and affordable mass housing.
Scope of Work:
- Case studies of the existing housing solutions developed by various organizations and carry out qualitative and quantitative analysis of different parameters to identify the gaps.
- Development of design alternatives integrating the identified gaps.
- Development of cost – effective & appropriate building materials and technologies for achieving energy – efficiency and thermal comfort for different geo- climatic regions.
- Performance evaluation and simulation modelling of the identified / developed technologies, systems, and designs.
- Implementation of the technology packages in the prototype model building for validation of the results at CSIR-CBRI Roorkee.
- Development of technology packages for different geo-climatic regions including standardized designs, specifications and a manual /
- DPR of the construction process including erection and jointing details.
Glimpses of Work
Sub Task – 3.5.1: Development of an Automatic Hollow Gypsum Panel Making Machine
To design and develop an automatic machine for producing Hollow Panels.
Sub Task – 3.5.2: Light weight blocks using different industrial waste
To develop light weight building components using industrial wastes.