Task – 3.6:
Development of Robust Foundation for Difficult Soils
Task Leader:- Dr Pradeep Kumar
- To identify & evaluate the significant parameters responsible for influencing the behavior of the Granular Anchor Pile (GAP) System.
- Development of a technology package for design of foundation in difficult (weak) soils capable of resisting Compressive & Tensile
- Forces based on the deliberations of proposed project.
- Field Implementation of the Technique.
Scope of Work:
- Strengthening of weak ground through viable, economical technique(s) is unavoidable for present practices.
- Granular Piles is a practical solution to provide adequate bearing capacity & controlled settlement compared to other ground improvement techniques, which are uneconomical & difficult, particularly in the Indian context.
- Credibility of Granular Piles is supported with proper documentation & applicability to improve weak grounds.
- Granular Anchor Pile (GAP) proposed in the present study is a modified form of granular piles with additional advantage of providing resistance to compressive and tensile forces.
- Laboratory facility for testing the GAP(s) under varying and controlled soil conditions is established in CBRI.
- Significant parameters influencing the behaviour of GAP (single & groups) shall be studied initially in the Laboratory followed by its Field implementation subsequently.