Task – 4.1:
Indigenous Cathodic Protection System for Steel Reinforced Concrete Structures
Task Leader:- Dr S.R. Karade
- To formulate procedures for designing Cathodic Protection (CP) system using indigenously available/new components for RC structures.
- To examine the utility of CP technology and its cost effectiveness with respect to the conventional repair methods for RCC structures
- To implement the technology in real/live RC structure and assess effectiveness.
Scope of Work:
- Formulation of a conductive mortar.
- Studies of different anodic materials.
- Experiments on anodic materials for desired performance.
- System design method for galvanic cathodic protection.
- System design method for impressed current cathodic protection.
- Application of CP in field on real/live structure & performance monitoring.
- Preparation of Guidelines/Manual.