(Student-Scientist Connect Programme)
JIGYASA Student-Scientist Connect Programme is one of the major initiatives taken up by CSIR at national level, during its Platinum Jubilee Celebration Year, as an inspired vision of a new India and Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR) of the Institution. The goal of the programme is to contribute to nurturing the culture of scientific thinking in children at the school level. JIGYASA Programme is a step towards bringing into effect the practice of “doing science” as an effective learning experience. In this regard, CSIR-Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee has taken up the responsibility to motivate the youth to develop scientific thinking and create positive perceptions towards science by learning through inquiry. The Institute provides a research-based learning atmosphere through students-scientists interactions and hands-on activities to expand their interest and knowledge in all aspects of science, including but not limited to, building construction materials & technology, fire engineering and disaster mitigation etc.
To inculcate the culture of curiousness and scientific nature in youth
Connecting school students and scientists so as to extend student’s classroom learning with well-planned research laboratory based learning.
Aim & Objective
- Connect KVS, NVS, State Govt. & other schools with Laboratories of CSIR.
- To enable the students to practically live the theoretical concepts taught in science by visiting CSIR laboratories.
- To inculcate the culture of inquisitiveness and scientific temper amongst the school students through various activities.
- To encourage experimentation and innovativeness in education
- To promote Science by nurturing the latent potential talent of students at the initial stage.
- To generate awareness of emerging global/national issues.
- To create scientific temper among under privileged communities.
Models of Engagement
- CSIR Foundation Day & Laboratory Foundation Day Celebrations
- Important Awareness Days
- Scientists as Teachers
- Lab Specific Activities / Onsite Experiments
- Visits of Scientists to Schools/Outreach Programmes
- Popular Lecture Series/ Demonstration Programme at Schools
- Science Exhibitions
- Student Residential Programme
- Mentoring and Guiding Teacher
- Inculcating Scientific Temper amongst Students and Teachers.
Coordinator of the CSIR-CBRI JIGYASA Student-Scientist Connect Programme:
Dr. N. Gopalakrishnan, Director, CSIR-CBRI Roorkee
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone: 01332-283323
Nodal Officer of the CSIR-CBRI JIGYASA Student-Scientist Connect Programme:
Dr. Atul Kumar Agarwal, Senior Principal Scientist, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee
Email: email@example.com , Phone: 01332-283495