About the Technology
Vermiculite belongs to a group of hydrated aluminium-iron-magnesium silicates, which occurs as golden-brown to greenish flakes. It is a hydrous mineral whose waste product is used to manufacture thermal insulation tiles, which are useful for thermal insulation, partitioning, false ceilings, panelled doors and shutters.
- Substantial amount of exfoliated vermiculite waste is available in India.
- This waste is used for making roofing tile for thermal insulation purpose incorporating cement, water dispersible polymer, additives and pigment.
- The properties meet the requirement of IS: 3346.
- Utilizes vermiculite waste
- Adaptable technology for large, medium and small level industries
- Aesthetic appearance
- Environment friendly
- Cost Effective