Task – 1.2:
Early Warning Instrumentation & Decision package for a landslide in Chamoli-Joshimath region of Garhwal Himalaya
Task Leader:- Dr. Y. Pandey
Development of a region specific operational Landslide Early Warning System based on multi parameter trigger thresholds. The system will include sensing instruments, real time data transfer system, decision making mechanism & the multi level alarm signal dissemination.
Scope of the Work:
- Site selection & detailed investigation.
- Selection, procurement & installation of sensors and other facilities.
- Field data collection, processing & establishing correlation with triggering parameters.
- Evolving trigger threshold
- Evaluation of early warning mechanism & its validation
- Development of a working Landslide EWS