Countries visited in connection with higher studies, research training, employment and other scientific assignments:
|Name||Dr. Soumitra Maiti|
|Date of Birth||19.09.1984|
|Present Designation||Senior Scientist|
|Division||Environmental Science & Technology Group|
|Degree / Diploma||Main Subject||University/Institution with Distinction||Country||Year of Passing|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry||University of Calcutta||India||2005|
|B.E.||Chemical Technology||University of Calcutta||India||2008|
|M.Tech.||Chemical Engineering (Industrial Pollution Abatement)||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||India||2010|
|Ph.D.||Chemical Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||India||2021|
|a) Main Area of Specialization||Wastewater Treatment, Industrial Pollution Abatement|
|b) Sub-area of Specialization||Waste Utilization, Building Materials|
|Nepal||Reconstruction and retrofitting of educational facilities and libraries in earthquake affected areas of Nepal||13/03/2019||19/03/2019|
- Maiti S.,Mishra I.M., Bhattacharya S.D. , Joshi J., Removal of oil from oil-in-water emulsion using a packed bed of commercial resin, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 389, 291-298, 2011.
- Behera, M., Bhattacharyya, S.K., Minocha, A.K., Deoliya, R. and Maiti, S., Recycled Aggregate from C&D Waste & its use in Concrete- A Breakthrough towards Sustainability in Construction sector: A Review, Construction and Building Materials, 68, 501-516, 2014.
- Garg, M., Singh, L.P., Maiti, S. and Pundir, A.,Characterization of automobile effluent treatment plant sludge: its utilization in construction materials, Construction & Building Materials, 73, 603-609, 2014
- Singh, M., Siddharth, Maiti, S., and Bisht, R. Investigation of low frequency sound absorption property of fluorogypsum material for indoor applications, The Journal of Acoustical Society of India, 46, 2, 1-9, 2019
- , Maiti, S., Raj, H ., Bisht R, Minocha., A.K., Panigrahi SK,, et al. X—ray photoelectron spectroscopy study on adsorption property of harmful air pollutants on zeolite prepared from fly ash” Materials Research Express, 5, 8, 085507, 2018
- Maiti, S., Prasad, B., and Minocha., A.K. Optimization of copper removal from wastewater by fly ash using central composite design of Response surface methodology, , SN Applied Sciences, 2(12), 1-14, 2020
- Singh, S., Maiti, S., Rani S, Raj H, Bisht R, Panigrahi SK, and Tyagi I, Ti doped BaMnO3 perovskite structure as photocatalytic agent for the degradation of noxious air and water pollutants, SN Applied Sciences, 2 (2), 1-2, 2020
- Singh, S. and Maiti, S. Investigation of glassy phase silica in low calcium content fly ash by X‐ray photoelectron spectroscopy, 2022, Surface and Interface Analysis 54(1), 45-51, 2022
- Maiti, S., Prasad, B., Minocha, A.K. Optimization of Pb (II) removal from aqueous solutions by fly ash using Box-Behnken Design. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal. 21,(1), 317-327, 2022.
- Maiti, S., Malik, J., Prasad, B. and Minocha, A.K., 2022. Solidification/stabilization of Pb (II) and Cu (II) containing wastewater in cement matrix. Environmental Technology,1-30, 2022
- Singh, S., Maiti, S., Bisht, R.S., Balam, N.B., Solanki, R., Chourasia, A. and Panigrahi, S.K., 2022. Performance behaviour of agro-waste based gypsum hollow blocks for partition walls. Nature Scientific Reports, 12(1), 1-16, 2022
- National/International Conference proceeding
- Maiti S., Minocha A.K., Garg M., Use of Fly Ash and Zeolite for the Removal of Heavy Metals from Waste Water- A Review International Conference on Sustainable Water Resource Management and Treatment Technologies CSIR-NEERI, Nagpur PP 413-420, January 19-21, 2011
- Maiti S., Garg M., Pundir , Minocha A.K Flue Gas Desulfurization Gypsum for Production of Building Components International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy Efficient Buildings India Habitat Center, New Delhi 83-85, February 13-15, 2013
- Garg M., Minocha A.K., Maiti S., Pundir A Development of Energy Efficient and Eco-Friendly Construction Materials from Gypsum Cement International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy Efficient Buildings India Habitat Center, New Delhi 81-83, February 13-15, 2013
- Garg M., Minocha A.K., Singh J., Jain N., Maiti S., Pundir A Recycling and reuse of construction and demolition waste in tiles International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy Efficient Buildings India Habitat Center, New Delhi 74-76, February 13-15, 2013
- Maiti, S.; Prasad, B.; Minocha, A.K. Studies on removal of Cu (II) form aqueous solution by fly ash; International Conference on Advanced Materials, Energy and Environmental Sustainability, organized by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, 14-15th December 2018.
- Maiti, S.; Prasad, B.; Minocha. A.K. An integrated adsorption-solidification/stabilization process for fixing and immobilizing the lead ion. International Conference on Advanced Materials, Energy and Environmental Sustainability, organized by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, 14-15th December 2018.
- Maiti, S.; Prasad, B.; Jain, N.; Minocha, A.K. Response Surface Methodology for optimization of copper removal from waste water by fly ash. International Conference on Water Resource Management, Page No. Tech 4/1-4/11, organized by Academy of Water Technology and Environmental Management and CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, 11-12th Jan
- Maiti, S.; Prasad, B.; Minocha, A.K. Optimization of lead adsorption by fly ash using Box-Behnken Design technique of Response Surface Methodology from aqueous solution. Fifth International Online Conference on Reuse and Recycling of Materials (Polymers, Wood, Paper, Leather, Glass, Metals, Ceramics, Semi-Conductors, Water etc) and their products (ICRM – 2020), organized by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, 11-13th December 2020.
- Maiti, S., Prasad, B., and Minocha, A.K. Immobilization of lead loaded fly ash in cement matrix. 11th International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Management. organized by FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts, 8 – 10th September 2021, Muttenz, Switzerland
- Jain, S.Maiti and A. K. Minocha, Bacterial tretament of pulp and paper mill wastewater in batch and continuous reactors, International Conference on Water Resource Management, Tech 1/1-1/7, organized by Academy of Water Technology and Environmental Management and CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, 11-12th Jan 2018.
- Jain, S.Maiti and A. K. Minocha Fabrication of road Paving Blocks Using Recycled aggregates, National Seminar on Emerging Materials and Construction Technologies- Building Materials and Housing Technologies for Sustainable Development BMTPC 61-71, 2018.
- Kumar, SCB Gurum, S. Maiti and A. K. Minocha; Structural performance of concrete produced with recycled fine aggregates from construction and demolition wasteNational Seminar on Emerging Materials and Construction Technologies- Building Materials and Housing Technologies for Sustainable Development, BMTPC, 156-163, 2018
- Bhawani, SCB Gurum, S. Maiti and A. K. Minocha Bagasse ash- A resource material for durable and sustainable concrete, 2018 National Seminar on Emerging Materials and Construction Technologies- Building Materials and Housing Technologies for Sustainable Development, BMTPC, 156-163, 2018
- Jain, S.Maiti . A. K. Minocha and N. Gopalkrishna, Challenges and Opportunities of Municipal Solid Waste Management in India, NCHF Bulletin, 3(7), 21-25, 2018.
- K. Minocha and S.Maiti, India’s Building Materials Sector, A Newsletter of BMTPC Housing Policies: Affordable Homes World Habitat Day PP18-30, 2018.
- Jain, S. Maiti and A. K. Minocha, Inert Waste Utilization for Development of Building Components, International Conference on UTKARSH 2018- Empowering & Enabling Women in Science, NEERI Nagpur, 2018.
- Jain, S. Maiti and A. K. Minocha High Draft Technology for Pollution Control in Brick Kiln 2019 International Conference On Global Environmental Challenges ESDA, Delhi and JNU, 2019.
- Bhawani, A.K.Minocha, S.C.B. Gurram and S. Maiti, “Flow Behaviour and Compressive Strength of Bagasse Ash Blended Mortar with Microstructural Study” In organized by page no. International Conference on Industry 4.0 and advancements in civil engineering SG Institute of Technology and Applied Research, 324, 2019.
- Bhawani, A.K.Minocha, S.C.B. Gurram and S. Maiti, Study on the durability properties of concrete with bagasse ash as partial replacement to cement, National seminar on New Trends in Building Materials and Sustainable Technology Gautam Buddha University, 2019.
- Jain, S. Maiti and R. K. Verma, Fluorogypsum dwara pharshi Tilo Avam Bhawan Nirman Samagriyon Ka Vikas, Hindi Workshop on Paryavaran avam Climate Change Organised by NEERI Nagpur, 2019.
- Jain, and S. Maiti, Utilization of waste gypsum for development of sulphate resistant cement. International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Management. Muttenz Switzerland FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts, 2021.
- Maiti, J. Malik, B. Prasad, and A.K Minocha Ultimate disposal of Pb (II) and Cu (II) containing waste water by a hybrid process of adsorption and solidification using fly ash and cement, International Conference on Chemical, Bio & Environmental Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, 2021
Awards and Distinctions (including fellowships of the learned societies):.
|Name of Award||Awarded by||Awarded for||Year|
|Institute prize winner for highest marks in M.Tech (Chemical Engineering, IPA)||IIT Roorkee||M.Tech||2001- 2003|
|MHRD Scholarship||MHRD||M.Tech||Aug 2008 - May 2010|
|Diamond Jubilee Director’s Technology Award||Director, CSIR-CBRI||Best Technology Award||2018|
|Diamond Jubilee Director’s Technology Award||Director, CSIR-CBRI||Best Technology Award||2019|
|Presently, working as a Scientist in EST-CP Group of CSIR-CBRI since 2010. Areas of interest are waste water treatment, waste utilization, industrial pollution abatement and building materials|