Microcontroller based Instrumentation, Sensor networks, Digital Signal Processing, Smart control, Smart Materials
Construction Automation and Robotics (CA&R) Group
|B.Tech||Electrical & Electronics||College of Engineering, Trivandrum||India||2006|
|M.Tech.||Measurement & Instrumentation||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||India||2010|
|Ph.D||Smart sensors||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||India||2023|
Programmer Analyst – Software testing at Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai (2006-2007)
Research and Development in the area of Instrumentation at CSIR-CBRI Roorkee (2010 onwards)
Publications (2013 onwards)
- S. J. Alexander, P. Sumathi, S. K. Panigrahi, C. B. Priya and N. Gopalakrishnan, “Evaluation of Embedded Dual-Piezoelectric-Based Transducer With Miniature Impedance Analyzer for Monitoring the Curing of Cement Mortar,” in IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 72, pp. 1-10, 2023, Art no. 6000910.
- S. Alexander, P. Sumathi and S. K. Panigrahi, “Semi-Active Control of Structures with Magnetorheological Fluid Dampers,” 2022 IEEE Global Conference on Computing, Power and Communication Technologies (GlobConPT), New Delhi, India, 2022, pp. 1-6.
- Soju J. Alexander, P. Sumathi, S.K. Panigrahi, N. Gopalakrishnan, “Embedded dual PZT-based monitoring for curing of concrete”, Construction and Building Materials, Volume 312, 20 December 2021, 125316
- R.S. Bisht, D.S. Rawat, S.K. Panigrahi and S.J. Alexander, “Locomotion Control of Omnidirectional Quad-Wheeled Electromagnetic Climbing Robot”, 12th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress (USSTC 2017-18), Mar 07-09, 2018
- R. S. Bisht, S. J. Alexander and S.K. Panigrahi, “Mechanism for Automatic Actuation and De-actuation Control of Pneumatic Based Multi-Suction Cups Mounted on Timing Belt”, India International Science Festival (IISF-2016), Dec 8-11, 2016
- Soju J. Alexander, Ravindra S. Bisht, Jogender Kumar and Rahul Sharma, “Path Planning of Autonomous Wheeled Mobile Robot for Efficient Coverage Within a Specified Area”, 10th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress, Feb 10-12, 2016
- Ravindra S. Bisht, Soju J. Alexander and Akshay Kumar, “Numerical Simulation of Vacuum Gripper for Robotic Applications,” Advances in Computing Communication and Engineering, New Delhi: Excellent Publishing House, (ISBN: 978-93-84935-14-6), pp. 98-105, 2014.
- Ravindra S. Bisht and Soju J. Alexander,“Design Parameter Analysis of Adhesion Mechanisms for Climbing Robots,” 8th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress, Dehradun, p191, Dec 26-28, 2013.
- S K Panigrahi, Ajay Chaurasia, S K Bhattacharyya, Soju Alexander and Jalaj Parashar, “Noise Influence on Condition Monitoring of Structures,” 8th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress, Dehradun, p200, Dec 26-28, 2013.
- Ravindra S. Bisht and Soju J. Alexander, “Mobile Robots for Periodic Maintenance and Inspection of Civil Infrastructure: A Review,” Proceedings of the 1st International and 16th National Conference on Machines and Mechanisms, IIT Roorkee, India, Dec 18-20 2013: http://www.nacomm2013.org/proceedings.html.
- Soju Alexander, P. Sumathi, C. Bharathi Priya, R. Sreekala, J. Prakashvel and N. Gopalakrishnan, “Embedded smart sensing device and method for measuring early stage concrete hydration,” Indian Patent Office, Application no: 202111032079, July 17, 2021 (Filed)
|Name of Award||Awarded by||Awarded for||Year|
|Diamond Jubilee Best Research Paper Award||CSIR-CBRI Roorkee||Research paper titled “Evaluation of Embedded Dual-Piezoelectric-Based Transducer With Miniature Impedance Analyzer for Monitoring the Curing of Cement Mortar”||2023|