Countries visited in connection with higher studies, research training, employment and other scientific assignments:
|Date of Birth||30.05.1989|
|humaira [at] cbri.res.in, humairaathar30 [at] gmail.com|
|Division||Innovative Building Materials|
|Degree / Diploma||Main Subject||University/Institution with Distinction||Country||Year of Passing|
|B.Tech, Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering||Zakir Hussain College of Engineering & Technology, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh||India||2012|
|M.Tech, Building Engineering and Disaster Mitigation||Civil Engineering||Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR), CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee||India||2015|
|a) Main Area of Specialization||Building Materials, Waste material valorization, Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS)|
|b) Sub-area of Specialization||Translucent concrete, Geopolymer concrete rigid pavement, waterproofing and damp-proofing, vortex chamber and causeways|
|Publications and Patents|
Awards and Distinctions (including fellowships of the learned societies):.
|Name of Award||Awarded by||Awarded for||Year|
|Director’s Diamond Jubilee Technology Award||Director, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee||Utilization of geopolymer concrete in road applications||2018|
- Translucent Concrete: An Emerging Green Building Material, Department of Civil Engineering, Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Amity University, Noida 22 March,
- Testing and Certification of Concrete made through a new Fourth Generation Technology, Bawri Group, Kolkata, May-Aug,
- Evaluation of Smartcare crystalline waterproofing admixes coating Asian Paints, Mumbai, Mar-Oct,
- Evaluation of Arvind Brand FRP pultruded composite section, panels, and their use in warehouse construction, June 2018-Apr
- Development of cement –admixture system for low temperature concreting, 2018-2020.
- Evaluation of Asian brand Smartcare quartz crystalline admix and coating for concrete mixes in water proofing application, Asian Paints, Mumbai, Feb-Jul,
- Demonstration research project on laying of geopolymer concrete road stretch at National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Dadri, 2017-18.
- Application of fly ash based geopolymer concrete road construction at National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Dadri, 2016-17.
- Effect of dual materials on the cementitious system: Mechanical and Thermal properties, International Conference on emerging materials for sustainable development (EMSD-2022), Oct 9-11, 2022.
- Potential Use of Phase Change Material as Thermo-Storage for Building Application, ICESAM-2022 (International Conference on Energy Sustainability and Advanced Materials-2022)
- Potential use of Biochar as a green additive for environment abatement, International Conference on Energy Sustainability and Advanced Materials-2022 (ICESAM-2022), 21-23 Nov 2022, UPES, Dehradoon.
- Presented a poster paper entitled “Green Energy” in India International Science Festival, IISF held in National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi,
- Presented a poster paper entitled “Sustainable concrete” on National Science Day, CSIR- CBRI, Roorkee,
- Participated in poster making competition on World environment day, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee, June 2015.
- Presented a poster paper entitled “Sustainable Energy Technologies” in International Conference on Emerging Technologies for Sustainable Environment, ICETSE, Aligarh,
Training/ Seminars Attended
- Attended “Workshop on Enhanced Energy Efficiency for Green Buildings” Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Chandigarh 14th March, 2018.
- Delivered seminar in Building materials and Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC), New Delhi, 22-23rd Mar,
- Participated in India International Science Festival (IISF), NPL, New Delhi, 7-11th Dec,
- Attended training program on “Design of Disaster Resistant Housing & Risk Mitigation”, CSIR- Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee, 24-26th Feb,
- Attended workshop on “Advances in Repair and rehabilitation of concrete structures”, CSIR- Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee, 22-23rd Sep,
- Attended symposium on “Smart Society”, FICCI Auditorium, New Delhi, 28th Nov,
- Attended training program on “Research Methodology and communication” Human Resource Development Centre, Ghaziabad, 28th Dec, 2013-8th Jan,
- Attended workshop on “Advances in Geotechnical and Transportation Engineering”, Centre for Disaster Management Studies of the Department of Civil Engineering, AMU, Aligarh, 9th Mar,
- Attended workshop on “Natural Disaster (Earthquake and cyclone) and their Mitigation”, Geotechnical Engineering Section under Tequip II, Department of Civil Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 12th May,
- Attended workshop on “Geovista-Civil”, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, 26-28th Mar,
- Attended training program on “Spotlight-Civil”, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, 26-28th Mar, 2010.
- Attended workshop on “Disaster Management”, Department of Civil Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 8-10th Oct,
- Attended International conference on “Emerging Technologies for Sustainable Environment”, Department of Civil Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 29-30th Oct, 2010.
Certifications and Accreditations
- Indian Road Congress accreditation for Geopolymer concrete, 2018
- Geopolymer concrete road published in CSIR’s 4-year achievement from CBRI, 2018
- Best paper award, BMTPC, New Delhi, 2016
- First ranker in Masters of Technology
- Third ranker in Bachelors of Technology
- Member of American Concrete Institute
- Selected as Young scientist in ‘Young Science Conclave’ in India International Science Festival (IISF), New Delhi, 2016
- Participated in India International Trade Fare (IITF) in exhibition of ‘Advanced Building Materials’, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, 2016
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Qualified, GATE-2011, 2012, 2020