Countries visited in connection with higher studies, research training, employment and other scientific assignments:
|Year of Birth||1988|
|Present Designation||Senior Scientist|
|Division||Geo-Hazard Risk Reduction Group|
|Degree / Diploma||Main Subject||University/Institution with Distinction||Country||Year of Passing|
|B.Tech||Civil Engineering||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (Autonomous), West Bengal (https://jgec.ac.in/)||India||2010|
|M.Tech||EIDM (Engineering of Infrastructure and Disaster Mitigation, Building)||AcSIR, New Delhi (http://acsir.res.in/)||India||2013|
|Ph.D (Pursuing)||Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee (https://www.iitr.ac.in/)||India||Ongoing|
|a) Main Area of Specialization||Soil and Rock Mechanics; Engineering Geology|
|b) Sub-area of Specialization||Foundation Engineering; Landslides, Slope Stability and Control Measures; Tunneling; Geo-Mechanical Modelling; Ground Improvement Techniques; Mining Support Design.|
|Nepal||To perform site assessment for 5 schools in Dolakha district of Nepal for the project on Post-Earthquake Reconstruction of School Buildings sponsored by Govt. of India.||15.04.2019||20.04.2019|
|China||To participate in the International Symposium on Mountain Resources, Environment and Disasters in the Himalayas at Chongqing and to deliver presentation on "Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas" at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu.||25.11.2018||29.11.2018|
|Publications and Patents|
Referred Journal Articles
Awards and Distinctions (including fellowships of the learned societies):
|Name of Award||Awarded by||Awarded for||Year|
|National Merit Scholarship||MHRD||Higher Secondary||2006|
|Q.H. Trainee Scientist||CSIR||M.Tech||2011-14|
Grant-in-Aid (GAP) Research Projects (Funded by External Agencies):
|Duration||Funding Agency|| Project No.
||Role in Project||Project Status|
|2019-22||DTRL||GAP – 0679||Team Member||Ongoing|
|2017-19||DST||GAP – 0635||Team Member||Completed|
In-House Research Projects (Funded by CSIR):
|Duration||Project No.||Role in Project||Project Status|
|2018-20||HCP – 0015 (Task 6.4)||Task Leader||Completed|
|2018-20||HCP – 0015 (Task 6.2)||Co-Task Leader||Completed|
|2018-20||HCP – 0017||Team Member||Completed|
|2017-20||OLP – 0419||Team Member||Completed|
|2016-17||ESC – 0102||Team Member||Completed|
|2016-17||ESC – 0105||Team Member||Completed|
Sponsored/ Consultancy Projects:
|Duration||Client|| Project No.
||Role in Project||Project Status|
|2019-20||PWD||SSP – 0599||Team Member||Completed|
|2019-20||PWD||SSP – 0699||Team Member||Completed|
|2019-21||NHIDCL||SSP – 0299||Team Member||Completed|
|2019-20||DMRC||SSP – 0279||Team Member||Completed|
|2019-20||UTDB||SSP – 0838||Co-Principal Investigator||Completed|
|2019-20||MoSPI||SSP – 0719||Team Member||Completed|
|2018-20||AAI||SSP – 0308||Team Member||Completed|
|2018-19||MDA||SSP – 0789||Co-Principal Investigator||Completed|
|2018-19||UTDB||SSP – 0148||Principal Investigator||Completed|
|2017-18||UTDB||SSP – 0247||Team Member||Completed|
|2017||MSME||CNP – 0796||Team Member||Completed|
- Worked as Scientist at CSIR – Central Building Research Institute (CBRI), Roorkee (2016-2021).
- Assistant Professor (since 2017) at CSIR – CBRI for the discipline of Engineering Sciences in the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi (http://acsir.res.in/facultylist/). Courses managed: Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics (ENG-CBRI-1-1148); Advanced Foundation Engineering (ENG-CBRI-1-1103).
- Worked as Teaching Assistant at IIT Roorkee during 2014 – 2016 for the MTech course-works and practical labs.
- Worked as Trainee Scientist (Quick Hire Scheme) at CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee during 2011 – 2013.
- Worked as Assistant Manager (Trainee) at MBECL, Kolkata during 2010 – 2011. Have experience in project management and construction of operational units (e.g. overhead water tanks, thickeners, scale pit) and electrical house for a water treatment plant.
- Industrial training experience in a (G+13) high-rise building construction project “Elita Garden Vista” at New Town, Kolkata by Simplex Infrastructures Limited.
- Member of the Agenda Preparations Sub-committee of the 62nd Research Council Committee of CSIR-CBRI held during December 20-21, 2022.
- Member of the Sub-Committee of Standing disposal committee (SDC) at CSIR-CBRI.
Services for Scientific Societies/ Publishers:
- Reviewer for the journal “MethodsX” (https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/methodsx), published by Elsevier B.V.
- Reviewer for the journal “Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment” (https://www.springer.com/journal/10064), the official journal of the IAEG, IF: 4.112 (2021)
- Reviewer for the journal “Environmental Earth Sciences” (https://www.springer.com/journal/12665) IF: 3.152 (2021)
- Reviewer for the journal “Arabian Journal of Geosciences”, the official journal of the Saudi Society for Geosciences, IF: 1.827 (2020)
- Reviewer for the journal “SN Applied Sciences” (https://www.springer.com/engineering/journal/42452) published by Springer Nature Switzerland AG.
- Reviewer for the journal “Himalayan Geology” (https://www.himgeology.com/) published by Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun.
- Reviewer for existing/new guidelines/ standards as a member of the Sectional Committees, CED 48 on Rock Mechanics and WRD-05 on Geological Investigation and Subsurface Exploration of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- Member of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) technical committee on Rock Mechanics (CED 48)
- Member of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) technical committee on Geological Investigation and Subsurface Exploration (WRD 05)
- Executive Committee Member of IGS Roorkee Local Chapter for the years 2017-18, 2019-20, 2021-22.
- Life Member (LM-3732) of Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS) (http://igs.org.in/)
- Life Member (LM-2065) of Indian Society for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology (ISRMTT) (http://www.isrmtt.com/)
Invited Talks/ Workshops:
- Delivered a technical lecture on “Jointed Rock Slope Stability Analysis” in the 2-days “Training programme on Landslide Risk Mitigation & Control Measures” for PWD engineers of Uttarakhand, held during December 22-23, 2022 organized by CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee.
- Delivered a technical lecture on “Behaviour of Jointed Rock Mass and Stability Analyses of Fractured Rock Slopes” in the 3-days “Training programme on Landslide Risk Mitigation & Control Measures” held during November 28-30, 2022 organized by CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee.
- Co-chaired a technical session (no. 34) on “Code provisions on earthquake resistant design, experimental soil dynamics” at 17th Edition of the Symposium on Earthquake Engineering (17SEE) organized at IIT Roorkee during November 14-17, 2022.
- Delivered a lecture on “Foundation Systems for Hilly Regions” in the 5-days Skill Development Training Course on “Multi–Hazard Resistant Housing and Habitat for the Engineers of Uttarakhand Government“, organized under the aegis of CSIR Integrated Skill Initiatives and sponsored by Department of Disaster Management & Rehabilitation, Govt. of Uttarakhand, Dehradun. Venue: CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee during 17th-21st February, 2020.
- Delivered a lecture on “Landslide Hazards and Slope Stability Problems in the Himalayas” in the 2-days National Workshop on “Landslide Mitigation and Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparation” sponsored by National Disaster Mitigation Authority (NDMA), New Delhi and held at CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee during 14th-15th November, 2019. Also, participated in organizing field visit of participants for landslides studies along Tapovan – Byasi highway stretch.
- Delivered a presentation on “Geo-technical Aspects for Building Foundations on Rock Masses” at National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Bhawan, S.J. Enclave, New Delhi on 28th May, 2019.
- Delivered a lecture on “Numerical Methods for Slope Stability Analysis” at CSIR – CBRI on 12th March, 2019 for training of Officers of Geological Survey of India (GSI) and participants from other organizations like DMMC, Dehradun; THDC etc. as part of a training program on “Geo-technical and Engineering Geology” at Dehradun from 6th to 13th March, 2019, organized by Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI).
- Delivered a lecture on “Landslide Hazards and Slope Stability Problems in the Himalayas” in the 2-days National Workshop on “Landslide Mitigation and Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparation” sponsored by National Disaster Mitigation Authority (NDMA), New Delhi and held at CSIR – CBRI, Roorkee during 17th-18th January, 2019.
- Delivered a presentation on “Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes Along a National Highway in the Indian Himalayas” at Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment (IMHE), Chengdu, China on 30th November, 2018.
- Delivered invited lecture classes for Engineers of Druk Green Power Corporation Limited, Bhutan under the International Training Programme on “Planning and design of underground structures of hydropower project”, held at AHEC Department, IIT Roorkee, India during February 21st-28th, 2017.
Thesis / Project Works Supervised:
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2022) on “Prediction of Ground Deformations subjected to Tunnel Excavations” by Jassimrat Kaur Deol, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2021) on “Slope Stability Analysis using Limit Equilibrium and Finite Element Methods” by Rudrakshi Goel, College of Engineering Roorkee (COER), Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
- CSIR – Summer Research Training Program (SRTP-2020) Project Report on “Effect of Tunnels on the Overlying Structures” by Ankit Dongriyal, MTech (Geotechnical Engineering), IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2019) on “Influence of Discontinuities on Stability of Himalayan Rock Slopes” by Vaidika Saini, THDC Institute of Hydro-power Engineering & Technology, Tehri, Uttarakhand.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2019) on “Slope Stability and Seismic Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations on Sloping Ground” by Shelly Thakur, Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College, Sundernagar, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2019) on “Slope Strengthening Using Micro-Pile Reinforcement” by Mradul Agarwal, Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu.
- M.Tech Dissertation Thesis (2018) on “Stability Assessment of Road Cut Slopes along Shivpuri – Kaudiyala Route (NH – 58), Uttarakhand Himalayas” by Shri Neeraj Dahiya under the supervision of Dr. Shantanu Sarkar, Shri Koushik Pandit and Dr. Satish Kumar for Department of Geology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- B.Tech Internship Project Report (2018) on “Design and Analysis of a Typical G+3 Building on a Hilly Terrain: With Special Reference to Foundations” by Mohd. Ashraf Khan, PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research, Tamil Nadu.