To provide optimal solution for building construction mechanization and their automation. Followings are the current R & D areas:-
- Development of affordable and modular machinery for building construction and production of building components
- Robotic applications in building construction and services
- Sensor development and Instrumentation
- Building Acoustics, Agro-waste Management
- Structure Health monitoring
- Design and development of In-house 3D Concrete Printer
- A multi usable self- rescue descent device to escape from high rise buildings during disasters sponsored by CSIR India under fast track commercialization scheme.
- Development and trials of a gantry robot for 3D concrete printing sponsored by CSIR India under fast track translation scheme
- Establishment of a center of innovation and manufacturing eco-system in industrial IOT vertical-3: smart structure and structural health monitoring(CBRI Part) sponsored by MeITY, India.
- Design and development of thermoelectric module system for conditioning a 1m x 1m model space with improved coefficient of performance (In-house R & D).
- Study and development of agro-waste based gypsum blocks for non-load bearing indoor application (In-house R & D).
- Design and development of standalone IoT based radiant cooling unit coupled with earthenware heat rejection and mini DOS (In-house R & D).
- Design and demonstration of mechanism for the Surya Teelak of Shri Ram Mandir at Ayodhya sponsored Sri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Khshetra Trust, Ayodhya
- SHM and instrumentation at New Parliament Building, sponsored by CPWD New DElhiCentral Vista (along with SE Group, CBRI)
- Detailed Condition Assessment of Steel & Concrete Structures at Coal Handling Plant, sponsored NTPC India(along with SE Group, CBRI)